Don and Millies is a local fast food restaurant. I noticed something for sale called a Frenchee. I did not get one, but I did get the loaded potato soup advertised. The soup was the high light for me. I also had a hamburger, onion rings and a shake. The shake was good, the hamburger just so-so and the onion rings fine. I wish I had tried a Frenchee. I looked them up online afterward and discovered it is a breaded, deep fried cheese sandwich. That sounds good. Don and Millie's is a bit pricey. They are located on Cornhusker almost at the corner with 25th. I returned to Don Millies and got Tony a hamburger meal. I had the Frenchee. I was very impressed. I like the crunchy outside and the gooey cheese inside. Sheri tried it and was not impressed. Tony would not try it.
At the Tiffin Rest Area, East bound, just before Iowa City, is a rest area with an Iowa literary theme. It has quotes at the picnic areas, and names of authors in the restroom. Very unique, and during warmer weather may be a fun place to spend a bit more time. Large fountain pen Music Man
In Wyoming of the I-80 just over the border from Nebraska is a very ice rest area. It is not accessed directly off the freeway but is a very short jaunt. There are some veery nice climbing rocks for the kids and it is close to a Native American archeological dig. There is a trail going up the hill behing the rest area to the dig. The rest areas in Wyoming always talk about the local wildlife.
Comments
Post a Comment