Don and Millies is a local fast food restaurant. I noticed something for sale called a Frenchee. I did not get one, but I did get the loaded potato soup advertised. The soup was the high light for me. I also had a hamburger, onion rings and a shake. The shake was good, the hamburger just so-so and the onion rings fine. I wish I had tried a Frenchee. I looked them up online afterward and discovered it is a breaded, deep fried cheese sandwich. That sounds good. Don and Millie's is a bit pricey. They are located on Cornhusker almost at the corner with 25th. I returned to Don Millies and got Tony a hamburger meal. I had the Frenchee. I was very impressed. I like the crunchy outside and the gooey cheese inside. Sheri tried it and was not impressed. Tony would not try it.
At the Tiffin Rest Area, East bound, just before Iowa City, is a rest area with an Iowa literary theme. It has quotes at the picnic areas, and names of authors in the restroom. Very unique, and during warmer weather may be a fun place to spend a bit more time. Large fountain pen Music Man
Bomb Tacos is located in the Dundee neighborhood of Omaha on the corner of Underwood and 50th. It is the location of a bomb exploding in WWII which had been sent on a balloon from Japan. The bomb did not injure anyone but a similar device did kill someone in Oregon. We visited Bomb Tacos on a Tuesday after a volleyball game put us in the area. It was Tuesday taco day so street tacos were only $2. Aheri and I both had tacos which were very good, carnitas and carne asada are both very good. I also had elotitos, street corn, which was very good. Sheri ordered chis and dip. He had mixed chips, but corn and wheat. I especially like the wheat ones. Sheri didn't like their salsa but I enjoyed it. We brought a burrito home to Tony which he enjoyed. There are two other Bomb Tacos, on in Papillion and the other in west Omaha on Maple Street.
Jennifer Williams
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I would have never recognized him. He's so grown up.